IRISH CURSES ON YOUR TOUR OF IRELAND
The Irish are known for their warm welcomes, gift of storytelling and friendly demeanor but get on the wrong side of us feisty ginger leprechauns and we will let you have it. Let tour of Ireland take you on a journey of Irish curses. Our team is always on the look out for new phrases and curses and we love digging into the real Irish culture.
A traditional Irish curse is powerful. They do not consist of a single word but a lengthy verbal bullet directed at your enemy.
Try and avoid using these on your tour of Ireland! We will post some nice blessings next week!
Here are a couple of the very best Irish curses we could get our hands on – translated from Gaelic:
- May the cat eat you and may the devil eat the cat.
- May you find the bees but not the honey.
- May you be afflicted with the itch but have no nails to scratch.
- May you get the runs on your wedding night.
- May you marry a wench that blows wind like a stone from a sling.
- May the lamb of God stir his hoof through the roof of heaven and kick you in the arse down to hell.
- That you may be a load for four before the year is out. (It takes four people to carry a coffin!)
- May the devil make a ladder of your backbones while picking apples in the garden of hell.
- Oinseach (A female fool)
- Amadán (A male fool)
Off course there are many to discover during your tour of Ireland. Your guide will teach you a good few more to take back home. Book your tour now on: https://overlandireland.ie/ or contact a team member from our office either by our chat service or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or just give us a shout over the phone.